Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Amelia's Ruffled Pants, Jeans Refashion Sewing Tutorial

  





This ruffled pants sewing pattern was a joy to write. Though making a step by step tutorial involved more work than I had imagined the the result was extremely gratifying. This refashion tutorial will be a breeze for a beginner seamstress and you will end up with a unique finished product that will make you proud. Amelia's Ruffled pants will undoubtedly add a touch of fun to your little girl's wardrobe.

This pants takes less than 1/2 yard of fabric and can be a great way to use any leftover fabric in your stash. I have had this polka dot fabric for quite some time now and didn't know what to do with it. I dearly hold on to  any small piece thinking I might be able to put it to use sometime in the future. You never know what ideas you might get when the creative bug bites.

My little niece hates wearing her jeans and this girly twist to  her boring jeans made her eyes sparkle. The belt can be tied on to the jeans or on to your little girl's hair to get a totally different look. You don't have to limit yourself to polka dot fabrics, try a floral or a stripe to add your own touch.  Experiment with the length of the ruffle, keep it short to get a ruffled capri. This pants will look best when paired with a simple white top. I think a peasant top would work great too.  You can mix and match it with different tops to add variety to your wardrobe. So grab your sewing notions and join me as I walk you through every step of this Blissful Sewing Project!

Get the free pattern here!



Shared at http://www.thethriftyhome.com/

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I wish my little boys wore ruffles sometimes so I could make cute stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! Love the polka fabric! Very girly! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo FUN! Great way to re-use jeans that might have gotten too short!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful upcycle!!! Thank you so much for coming by today :) Your latest follower, hugs

    Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete